Sizing Information and Fit
Due to the highly customized nature of show clothing in addition to each piece being made by hand, there isn't a "cookie cutter" sizing standard for this type of garment. In effort to simplify your shopping process, we estimate an approximate size such as small, medium, large on each piece. Fabrics, embellishments, and design elements can all cause variations from piece to piece so we also list actual measurements in the description of each garment.
Below is a list of the most common measurements that we see within a general size range. Garments can sometimes fall between sizes or have been custom made for a person of unique build/shape so it is imperative that you refer to the actual measurements listed in the specific garment details when determining whether a piece will work for you.
Ladies XS (0-2): Bust: 33-35" Waist: 27-28"
Ladies Small (4-6): Bust: 36-38" Waist: 29-30"
Ladies Medium (8-10): Bust: 38-40" Waist: 31-32"
Ladies Large (12-14): Bust: 40-41" Waist: 33-34"
Ladies XL (16-18): Bust: 41-42" Waist: 35-36"
Ladies 2X/3X: Bust: 42" and up Waist: 36" and up
Youth Medium: Approx size 6-8
Youth Large: Approx size 10-12
Youth X Large: Approx size 14-16
Other common questions about sizing and measurements:
How do I measure?When taking measurements, be sure you are wearing the same bra and undergarments you'll wear while showing. You'll also get more accurate measurements by wearing the same pants/jeans you'll have on in the saddle as most street or casual jeans are a lower rise and will impact your waist measurement. Using a soft cloth measuring tape, take exact measurements using care not to pull the tape too tight or loose.
Jackets, Shirts & Tops
- Bust: Show garments are sized based on your bust measurement around the fullest part, while wearing the same undergarments you'd wear to show. **Please note: this measurement is NOT the same as your bra size** For example, a 34B bra size is typically around a 36-37" bust measurement.
- Waist: Measure around the smallest part or your natural waistline. This is much higher than the area where your casual/street clothing pants or jeans will sit.
- Shoulder Width: Measure across the top of your back, from shoulder seam to shoulder seam. If no one is available to help you, you can measure a garment that currently fits you by laying it flat, going across the back from shoulder seam to shoulder seam.
- Sleeve Length: Measure from the point of your shoulder to the point where you would like the sleeve to end. We suggest placing your arms into show position and measuring around your bent elbow.
- Back Length: Measure down the center of the back from the base of the neck/collar to the finished hem.
- Waist: Measure your natural waistline keeping in mind that showmanship pants are longer/higher waisted and won't sit where your jeans usually do.
- Inseam: Measure the inside length of your leg from the crotch to the floor while wearing boots.
Can you alter something to fit me?
We do not perform any alterations here. Because the fit required in the show ring is so specific, it is best to work in person with a local seamstress for alterations. We can offer suggestions for some Ohio based seamstresses but if you don't know of someone in your area, we suggest contacting bridal shoppes (not to be confused with "bridle"- ha!) or dry cleaners for recommendations.
Can I have something made in my size/colors?
We are not accepting orders for custom clothing at this time. Some of our designers do offer custom work but their schedules, availability and pricing varies. Prices can range anywhere from $2,500 - $8,000 depending on the complexity of the design; please contact us directly if you are seeking a designer to make your next custom garment.